Sustainable landscape architecture source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_landscape_architecture
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This can include ecological, politically correct, social and economic aspects of sustainability. For example, the design of a sustainable urban drainage system can: improve habitats for fauna and flora; improve recreational facilities, because people love to be beside water; save money, because building culverts is expensive and floods cause severe financial harm.
The design of a green roof or a roof garden can also contribute to the sustainability of a landscape architecture project. The roof will help manage surface water, provide for wildlife and provide for recreation.
Creating a sustainable landscape is to take into consideration the history, cultural associations, archaeology, geology, topography, soils, ecology, land use, and architecture. Designers regularly do in depth research in order to figure out what the best way to design a landscape is in order to make it the most sustainable. Methods used to create sustainable landscapes include recycling, restoration, species reintroduction, and many more.
The first documented concern of the destruction of the modern landscape was in the 1981 Wildlife and Countryside Act. 
- Orr, Stephen. "A Sustainability That Aims to Seduce". The New York Times. Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- Tress, Bärbel; Tress, Barbel; Tres, Gunther; Fry, Gary; Opdam, Paul (2006). From Landscape Research to Landscape Planning: Aspects of Integration, Education and Application. Springer Science & Business Media. ISBN 978-1-4020-3979-9.
- Landscape and sustainability John F. Benson, Maggie H. Roe (2007)
- Sustainable Site Design: Criteria, Process, and Case Studies Claudia Dinep, Kristin Schwab (2009)
- Sustainable urban design: perspectives and examplesWork Group for Sustainable Urban Development (2005)
- The Sustainable Landscapes Conference at Utah State University
- Information on designing a sustainable urban landscape
- Resource guides from the American society of landscape artists.
|This sustainability-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|